|Missouri State Senate, District 31|
|January 7, 2013 - present|
|January 9, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||2 terms (8 years)|
|Missouri House Of Representatives, District 126|
|2003 - 2011|
Emery works as Proprietor/Consultant for Character Returns, and is also a Consultant for Petroleum Engineering. He previously served as a Consultant for Rollarini Engineering from 1996-2000 and was an Executive/Manager with Texaco, Incorporated from 1981-1994. He earned his BS in Petroleum Engineering from the University of Missouri-Rolla.
Emery is a member of the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association, Exel - Barton County, Excel II - Barton County, Barton County Farm Bureau, Liberty Baptist Church, National Rifle Association, and the SPE Association for Information and Media Equipment. He is married and has 4 children.
Emery's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"My statewide goal is learned children, not a healthy bureaucracy or comfortable institution. I promise to work for exceptionalism. That is my goal, and I am committed to the battle."
Government & Business
- Excerpt:"Ed believes that government is frequently out of touch with the conservative principles of Missouri. He knows that our communities will grow and flourish when the farmer and small business person are free to operate without unreasonable restrictions."
- Excerpt:"Ed Emery will serve you by standing for “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness” voting by principle, rather than circumstance. He will work with others who are like-minded to restore government that facilitates rather than opposes individual character, initiative, and innovation."
Jobs & Prosperity
- Excerpt:"Legislation to eliminate government-mandated union membership so Missouri can compete with neighboring right-to-work states"
Sanctity of Life
- Excerpt:"Sanctity of life is not just opposition to abortion and euthanasia: It is a measure of the value of a human life. Nothing is more sacred or worthy of protection than life from conception to the grave."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Emery served on the following committees:
|Missouri Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce, Consumer Protection, Energy and the Environment|
|• Judiciary and Civil and Criminal Jurisprudence, Vice-chair|
|• Ways and Means|
|• Joint Committee on Government Accountability|
|Missouri Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• International Trade and Immigration|
|• Tax Reform|
|• Utilities, Chair|
- See also: Missouri State Senate elections, 2012
Emery won election in the 2012 election for Missouri State Senate, District 31. Emery defeated Scott Largent and Dave Morris in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Charles A. Burton (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Missouri State Senate, District 31, General Election, 2012|
|Missouri State Senate, District 31 Republican Primary, 2012|
Ed Emery raised $37,704 for his campaign.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 126|
|Ed Emery (R)||11,419||66.9%|
|Linda Crane (D)||5,654||33.1%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Ed Emery's 2008 campaign.
|Union Pacific Railroad||$1,000|
|Missouri Cable Telecommunications Association||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ed + Emery + Missouri + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Republican split in Mo. Senate kills transportation sales tax - STLtoday.com
- Legislative inaction ends latest 'liquor wars' in Missouri - Kansas Watchdog
- Emery files remonstrance against Nixon over DOR controversy - The Missouri Times
- Senate hears bill with franchise liquor language attached, lays bill over - The Missouri Times
- Casino industry in Mo. loses bid to extend credit - STLtoday.com
- Department of Revenue begins promulgating process, Schmitt releases letter ... - The Missouri Times
- Mo. Senate roll call vote on income tax cut bill - San Francisco Chronicle
- Weekend: Your guide to entertainment in Northeast Pennsylvania - Scranton Times-Tribune
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Sen. Emery's website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Emery
- ↑ "edemery," Official Campaign Website
- ↑ Missouri Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Candidates
- ↑ Missouri Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ Missouri House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- ↑ Follow the Money's report on Emery's 2008 campaign contributions
David Pearce (R)
|Missouri State Senate District 31
| Succeeded by|
|Missouri State House District 126
| Succeeded by|
Mike Kelley (R)