|Alabama House of Representatives District 9|
|November 3, 2010-Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Mid-Western State University, 2006|
|Birthday||July 30, 1970|
|Place of birth||Hartselle, AL|
Henry has a BS in Radiological Sciences from Mid-Western State University in Texas.
Henry served in the United States Air Force as a Radiological Technologist from 1993 to 1997. He then worked for General Electric Medical Division as a Medical Sales Rep from 1997 to 2002. He also was Director of Radiology at Woodland Medical Center from 2000 to 2002. From 2002 to 2007, he worked for Decatur General Hospital as a CT Technologist. Henry has worked as Cardiac CT Specialist for The Heart Center since 2007.
Henry served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Higher Education
- Subcommittee on K-12
- Subcommittee on Health Care Costs
- Subcommittee on Health Care Professionals and Procedures
- Subcommittee on Biomedical and Manufacturing
- Subcommittee on Energy and Green Technology
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 9 General Election (2010)|
|Ed Henry (R)||11,405|
|Kathy White Goodwin (D)||4,294|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 9 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Ed Henry (R)||5,221|
|Dwight Tankersley (R)||3,091|
Henry's website lists the following issues:
- Excerpt: "The primary problem I see with our current representatives in the Federal and State government is that they have forgotten their roles. Our representatives were intended to be servants of the people."
- Excerpt: "Education is the cornerstone our community is built on. It seems to me that we need to reform an education system that rewards incompetent teachers and hinders good teachers. "
- Excerpt: "The key to economic growth is not putting money into a system; it is leaving money in the system that works (Lower Taxes)."
- State Sovereignty
- Excerpt: "By declaring sovereignty in accordance with the Constitution, we endeavor to reinstall the foundations of strength that once were and soon will be again, the supreme law of our land!"
- Health Care System
- Excerpt: "I have worked in the health care professions for long enough to know that virtually everything that is wrong with medical care is the result of Federal meddling, while virtually everything good that happens in medical care happens at the local, community level."
In 2010, Henry raised $151,258 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Republican Party||$46,235|
|Alabama Association Of Realtors||$10,000|
|Business Council Of Alabama||$6,000|
|Henry, Hugh E||$6,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ed + Henry + Alabama + House + Legislature"
- Guns, school safety, drug testing for welfare await action on Alabama ... - The Republic
- Guns, schools, drug testing await Ala. legislators - Danbury News Times
- Pistol packin' for protection - The Decatur Daily
- Cleveland: Ground zero for the housing bubble - Salon
- Gun rights bill draws big crowd to House committee hearing - Montgomery Advertiser
- Ala. House approves gun bill; goes back to Senate - Gadsden Times
- Budgets priority for Alabama lawmakers - Montgomery Advertiser
- NRA, sheriffs announce support for compromise on gun legislation; BCA does ... - al.com (blog)
- Reed working on Goat Hill to improve district, state - Daily Mountain Eagle
- CHARLOTTE MAYOR JOINS CABINET -- LIFE LESSON from Gio Gonzalez ... - Politico (blog)
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Henry and his wife Wendi have two children.
- House site
- Project Vote Smart Biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Ed Henry on Facebook
- Ed Henry on Twitter
- ↑ Alabama GOP primary results
- ↑ Statewide general election results
- ↑ Ed Henry's campaign website, Ethics
- ↑ Ed Henry's campaign website, Education
- ↑ Ed Henry's campaign website, Economics
- ↑ Ed Henry's campaign website, State Sovereignty
- ↑ Ed Henry's campaign website, Health Care System
- ↑ 2010 contributions
|Alabama House District 9
| Succeeded by|