|Former candidate for|
|U.S. House, Texas, District 32|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Leadership development consultant/executive coach|
Rankin is a leadership development consultant and expert executive coach. He holds a B.S. in psychology, an M.S. in labor and industrial relations and an M.A. in human and organizational systems. He also has a graduate certificate in evidence-based coaching.
Rankin's campaign website listed the following issues:
—Ed Rankin's campaign website, http://edrankinforcongress.com/issues
Rankin ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Texas' 32nd District. Rankin won the Libertarian Party nomination at the state convention in April 2014. He was defeated by incumbent Pete Sessions (R) in the general election on November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, Texas District 32 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Pete Sessions Incumbent||61.8%||96,420|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State (100% reporting) Vote totals above are unofficial and will be updated once official totals are made available.|
Rankin ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Texas' 30th District. He ran as a Libertarian candidate. He ran against Travis Washington, Jr. (R) and incumbent Eddie Bernice Johnson (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Texas District 30 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Eddie Bernice Johnson Incumbent||78.8%||171,059|
|Republican||Travis Washington, Jr.||19%||41,222|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ed + Rankin + Texas + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Texas' 32nd Congressional District elections, 2014
- Texas' 32nd Congressional District
- Texas Tribune, "U.S. House elections brackets," accessed January 7, 2014
- Campaign website, "About Ed Rankin," accessed August 5, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed August 5, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- The Libertarian Party of Texas, "2014 Federal Candidates," accessed May 8, 2014
- The Huffington Post, "Election 2014," November 4, 2014
- Texas Libertarian Party, "Candidate list," accessed June 10, 2012 (dead link)
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |