Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Georgia State Senate District 22|
|2005 - 2009|
|Bachelor's||Augusta State University|
|J.D.||University of Georgia School of Law|
Tarver earned his B.A. from Augusta State University in 1981. He went on to receive his J.D. from the University of Georgia School of Law in 1991.
Tarver is a former Presenter of Instructional Materials on Professionalism at Continuing Legal Education Seminars. He served in the United States Army as a Field Artillery Officer from 1981 to 1988. He then worked as a Law Clerk for Honorable Dudley H. Bowen Jr., Chief Judge for the United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia, from 1991 to 1992. From 1992 to 1999 he was an Associate of Hull, Towill, Norman, Barett and Salley, Professional Company. He has been Partner of Hull, Towill, Norman, Barett and Salley, Professional Company, since 1999.
Tarver was a candidate for the Georgia State Senate, District 22, in 2004. He then won a special election to the Georgia State Senate on September 20, 2005. He served in that position, representing the 22nd District, until November 2009 when he was nominated to become U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Georgia.
Tarver was serving on the following committees when he resigned:
- Appropriations Committee, Georgia State Senate
- Banking and Financial Institutions Committee, Georgia State Senate
- Economic Development Committee, Georgia State Senate
- Government Oversight Committee, Georgia State Senate
- Special Judiciary Committee, Georgia State Senate
Tarver and his wife, Beverly, have two children.
- Biography from the Georgia State Senate website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Sen. Tarver's website
|Georgia State Senate District 22
2005-November 9, 2009
| Succeeded by|