|Arkansas State Senate District 26|
|January 14, 2013-Present|
|January 10, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms (6 years)|
|Arkansas House of Representatives District 9|
Cheatham is retired from the University of Arkansas, Monticello College of Technology, Crossett.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Cheatham served on the following committees:
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Cheatham served on these committees:
|Arkansas Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Legislative Council|
|• Education, Chair|
|• Joint Energy|
|• State Agencies and Governmental Affairs|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Cheatham served on these committees:
|Arkansas Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Joint Energy|
|• Legislative Joint Auditing|
|• State Agencies and Governmental Affairs, Vice Chair|
Cheatham's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 1966 - "TO PROVIDE A CREDIT OR REBATE ON THE LOCAL SALES AND USE TAX PAID ABOVE TWO THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($2,500) ON THE PURCHASE OF A TRAILER."
- HB 2249 - "TO IMPROVE THE EFFECTIVENESS OF PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER EVALUATIONS."
For a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
- See also: Arkansas State Senate elections, 2012
Cheatham ran in the 2012 election for Arkansas Senate, District 26. Cheatham and Gregg Reep defeated Johnnie Bolin in the May 22 Democratic primary. Cheatham then defeated Reep in the June 12 primary runoff election. He defeated Mike Akin (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Arkansas State Senate, District 26, General Election, 2012|
|Arkansas State Senate District 26 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Eddie Cheatham (advanced to runoff)||36.3%||4,157|
|Gregg Reep (advanced to runoff)||35.4%||4,058|
Cheatham won re-election to the 9th district seat in 2010. He faced no opposition.
Cheatham raised $21,344 for his campaign.
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
|Arkansas House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Eddie Cheatham's campaign in 2010|
|Arkansas Health Care Association||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$14,370|
Below are Cheatham's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Arkansas Health Care Assoc||$2,000|
|Southwestern Electric Power||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Eddie + Cheatham + Arkansas + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Arkansas House of Representatives - Rep. Eddie Cheatham
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart bio
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Cheatham
- ↑ Arkansas Secretary of State "Election Results 2012" Accessed November 7, 2012
- ↑ Arkansas Secretary of State, "2012 Election candidates," March 8, 2012
- ↑ Arkansas Secretary of State - Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ Arkansas Secretary of State - Unofficial primary runoff results
- ↑ Arkansas Secretary of State, "Arkansas State Primary Election, May 22, 2012," accessed July 11, 2012
- ↑ Arkansas Matters, General election results
- ↑ 2008 general election results, Arkansas
- ↑ Arkansas House spending, 2008
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
Percy Malone (D)
|Arkansas State Senate District 26
| Succeeded by|
|Arkansas House District 9
| Succeeded by|
Sheilla E. Lampkin (D)
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|
Arkansas Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | FOIA procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of counties |
List of Cities |
List of School Board Districts |