For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Colorado House of Representatives District 32|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||University of Colorado-Boulder, 1997|
|Place of birth||Thornton, CO|
Casso earned his B.A. in Political Philosophy from the University of Colorado-Boulder in 1997 and attended Regis University. His professional experience includes working as as an intern for Congressman David Skaggs.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Casso served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Casso served on these committees:
- Business Affairs and Labor Committee (Vice Chair)
- Business Affairs and Labor
- State, Veterans, & Military Affairs Committee
- State Veterans, and Military Affairs
Casso did not provide answers to the Colorado State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Casso's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 09-1192 - Eliminate 3.2 Beer Restrictions
- HB 09-1288 - Colorado Taxpayer Transparency Act
- HB 09-1299 - National Popular Vote Agreement
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Casso did not seek re-election in 2012.
Casso ran for re-election to the 32nd District seat in 2010. He had no opposition in the August 10 primary. Casso defeated Kaarl Hoopes (R) in the November 2 general election.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 32 General election (2010)|
|Edward Casso (D)||10,068|
|Kaarl Hoopes (R)||8,950|
Casso raised $11,803 for his campaign.
In 2010, Casso raised $29,058 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Colorado Medical Society||$4,000|
|Colorado Professional Fire Fighters||$4,000|
|Copic Insurance Small Donor Committee||$1,000|
Below are Casso's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|CO Professional Fire Fighters||$4,000|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 208||$500|
|CO Education Assoc||$500|
|CO Medical Society||$400|
Casso and his wife, Selena, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Edward + Casso + Colorado + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Colorado State Legislature
- Colorado House of Representatives
- Colorado House Committees
- Colorado state legislative districts
- Edward Casso's personal website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Edward Casso on MySpace
- Project Vote Smart, "Issue positions," accessed December 11, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "2008 General election results," accessed April 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Funds raised by 2008 House candidates," accessed April 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed November 20, 2014
|Colorado House District 32
| Succeeded by|
Dominick Moreno (D)