|Illinois State Senate District 18|
|2003 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
|Illinois House of Representatives|
|1992 - 1993|
|Master's||Chicago State University|
|Date of birth||May 22, 1946|
|Place of birth||Evergreen Park, Illinois|
Maloney graduated from Lewis University with his Bachelor's Degree in Political Science and graduated with his Master's degree in Education from the University of Chicago.
Before becoming a Senator, Maloney was a Teacher and Educational Administrator.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Maloney served on these committees:
- Appropriations II Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Higher Education Committee, Illinois State Senate, Chair
- Labor Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Redistricting Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Transportation Committee, Illinois State Senate
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Maloney served on these committees:
|Illinois State Senate, District 18 (2008)|
|Edward Maloney (D)||75,229|
In 2008, Maloney collected $152,345 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to his campaign.
|Illinois Education Association||$11,500|
|Illinois Trial Lawyers Association||$5,000|
|Cook County College Teachers Union||$3,400|
|Illinois Credit Union League||$3,000|
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$3,000|
|Heat & Frost Insulators Local 17||$2,500|
|Chicago Teachers Union||$2,500|
|Bruce Simon COnsulting||$2,350|
|Illinois Federation of Teachers||$2,000|
|Chicago Federation of Labor & Industrial Union Council||$1,750|
|Illinois Realtors Association||$1,750|
|Illinois Home Builders Association||$1,750|
|Illinois Automobile Dealers Association||$1,500|
|Racing Associations of Illinois||$1,500|
|Construction & General Laborers District Council of Chicago & Vicinity||$1,500|
|Tierney Duffy Tierney & Associations||$1,250|
|Chapman & Cutler||$1,250|
Trotter represents Illinois Senate District 18. District 18 includes the Southwest side of Chicago and nearby suburbs.
Edward is married to Norine Maloney. They have four children and reside in Chicago, Illinois.
Illinois Opportunity Project
The Illinois Opportunity Project, "an independent research and public policy enterprise that promotes legislative solutions in advance of free markets and free minds," annually releases its Legislative Vote Card, grading all members in both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly on the basis of their support of "pro-growth economic policies that increase personal freedom and reign in expansive government."
Maloney received a score of 37.50 out of 100 in 2012 for a grade of F according to the IOP’s grading scale. His score was tied for the 37th highest among all 59 members of the Illinois State Senate included in the Vote Card.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Edward + Maloney + Illinois + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Profile at Wikipedia
- Campaign contributions at Follow The Money
- Illinois General Assembly, "List of Illinois Senate Committees," July 28, 2009
- Follow the Money, "Illinois Senate election results for 2008," November 4, 2008
- Maloney Campaign Donors
- "Illinois Chamber of * Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009
- Illinois Opportunity Project, "The Project," accessed February 21, 2013
- Illinois Opportunity Project, "Legislative Vote Card home page," accessed February 21, 2013
|Illinois Senate District 18
| Succeeded by|
Bill Cunningham (D)