Edward Van Gerpen
|Edward Van Gerpen|
|South Dakota House District 19|
|2011 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Place of birth||Avon, SD|
|Profession||Farmer, Truck Driver|
He served in the U.S. Army for two years. In his professional career he has been a truck driver and a lifetime farmer. He also served as the chair of the Bon Homme County Republicans and sat on the Avon School Board.
Van Gerpen earned his bachelor's degree from the University of South Dakota, Springfield.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Van Gerpen served on the following committees:
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee, South Dakota House of Representatives
- Transportation Committee, South Dakota House of Representatives
|South Dakota State House, District 19 (2010)|
|Edward Van Gerpen (R)||4,812||34.91%|
|Frank Kloucek (D)||3,941||28.59%|
|Kyle Schoenfish (D)||3,305||23.98%|
|Lonnie R. Mayer (I)||1,725||12.52%|
In 2010, Van Gerpen raised $3,800 in contributions. 
No contributions to his campaign were of $1,000 or more.
Van Gerpen and his wife Sharon live in Avon.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Edward + Gerpen + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
Bill Van Gerpen (R), J.E. Putnam (R)
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 19
| Succeeded by|