|West Virginia State Senate District 1|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Bowman's political career began with his service as a member of the Weirton City Council from 1983 to 1987. He went on to become the Mayor of the City of Weirton in 1987. He served in this position until 1995. Bowman attended West Liberty State College.
Bowman has worked in Industrial Relations for Weirton Steel. He has also worked as a golf course general manager.
While in the West Virginia Senate, Bowman served on these committees:
- Confirmations Committee, West Virginia Senate
- Finance Committee, West Virginia Senate
- Government Organization Committee, West Virginia Senate
- Labor Committee, West Virginia Senate
- Natural Resources Committee, West Virginia Senate
- Rules Committee, West Virginia Senate
Senator Bowman did seek re-election in 2010.
Bowman raised $120,313 for his campaign, while George Village III raised $804.
|West Virginia Senate, District 1 2006)|
|Edwin Bowman (D)||17,889|
|George Village III||7690|
Bowman and his wife Kathy Mrvos have one child.
- Biography from the West Virginia Legislature
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 1998
- The State Journal, "State Senator Bowman Will Not Seek Re-Election," January 21, 2010 (dead link)
- Project Vote Smart - Sen. Bowman
- West Virginia official list of 2010 candidates
- Official Returns for the 2006 Election, Office of the WV Secretary of State
- West Virginia Election Results
- 2006 Follow the Money
|West Virginia State Senate District 1
| Succeeded by|