Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Arizona State Senate, District 5|
Bohlmeyer is a former registered nurse. She also has a PhD in Educational Psychology worked as a Social Psychologist for 19 years.
Bohlmeyer and her husband, Del, have two children.
- See also: Arizona State Senate elections, 2010
|Arizona State Senate, District 5 General Election (2010)|
|Sylvia Allen (R)||37,330|
|Elaine Bohlmeyer (D)||18,270|
Bohlmeyer's website lists the following issues:
- Representing Rural Arizona
- Excerpt: "Being from a rural area, I understand the needs and concerns of rural Arizona. Our farming, ranching, and mining industries are the backbone of our economy, yet we are often forgotten by the big city folks."
- Strengthening Public Education
- Excerpt: "Arizona must commit to offering a first-class education, from pre-school through college, and to keeping students in school... We aso must provide low-cost continuing education to our high school graduates, only one-quarter of them now going on to any post-high school education."
- Supporting Veterans
- Excerpt: "I advocate asking the federal government for a grant for a pilot program here in Arizona to provide returning veterans with an intensive reorientation to civilian living. This would include debriefing, counseling, and assistance with obtaining a job or further education."
- Creating Quality Jobs
- Excerpt: "We need to attract businesses to our state that offer high quality, well-paying jobs and provide good benefits to their employees."
- Affordable Healthcare
- Excerpt: "We cannot have a healthy work force without providing adequate healthcare to all our citizens."
- Elaine Bohlmeyer's campaign website
- Project Vote Smart Biography
- Full list of candidates filed for the Arizona primary