|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 61|
|2011 - February 20, 2014|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Pennsylvania State University|
|Master's||Westfield State College|
|Date of birth||August 1, 1955|
|Place of birth||Medford, Massachusetts|
O'Brien served as a member of the Suffield Board of Education from 1993 to 2005 and Town Clerk of Suffield from 1998 to 2010.
O'Brien earned her B.S. in Elementary Education from Pennsylvania State University and her master's degree in Public Administration from Westfield State College.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, O'Brien served on the following committees:
|Connecticut Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations, Vice Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, O'Brien served on these committees:
|Connecticut Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Planning and Development|
O'Brien ran in the 2012 election for Connecticut House of Representatives District 61. O'Brien ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14, 2012. She defeated Tami Zawistowski (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 61, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Elaine O'Brien Incumbent||52.2%||5,754|
|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 61 General Election (2010)|
|Elaine O'Brien (D)||4,993|
|Malvi Lennon (R)||3,745|
Comprehensive donor information for O'Brien is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, O'Brien raised a total of $73,161 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 23, 2013.
|Elaine O'Brien's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Connecticut House of Representatives, District 61||$37,120|
|2010||Connecticut House of Representatives, District 61||$36,041|
|Grand Total Raised||$73,161|
2012O'Brien won re-election to the Connecticut House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, O'Brien raised a total of $37,120.
|Connecticut House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Elaine O'Brien's campaign in 2012|
|Beiter, David George||$300|
|Smith, Leo F.||$100|
|Oswecki, Vincent W.||$100|
|Total Raised in 2012||$37,120|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, O'Brien raised $36,041 in contributions.
Her three largest contributors were:
|Speakers Leadership Cmte||$3,274|
|House Democrats Caucus Cmte Of Connecticut||$1,075|
Yankee Institute's Voter Guide
- See also: Yankee Institute's Voter Guide
The Yankee Institute, a pro-market think tank, releases its Voter Guide after each two-year legislative term. Each member of the Connecticut General Assembly receives a score from 0 to 10 based on how he or she voted in ten key votes. The Institute selects key votes which "reveal the differences between those legislators that would harness the power of individual liberty and the market to improve lives, and those that prefer a centrally-planned approach." A legislator with a 10 voted in agreement with the Yankee Institute on all 10 votes, while a legislator with a 0 voted against the Yankee Institute's views or was absent for all 10 votes.
O'Brien received a score of 2 on the Yankee Institute's Voter Guide for 2011-12, tied for the 55th highest score among the 152 scored members of the Connecticut House of Representatives. She did not receive a score for the 2009-10 term because she was not yet in the legislature.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Elaine + O'Brien + Connecticut + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Connecticut State Legislature
- Connecticut House of Representatives
- Connecticut House Committees
- Connecticut state legislative districts
- Office website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions 2010
- The CT Mirror, "Rep. Elaine O’Brien dies after cancer struggle," February 21, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Elaine O'Brien's Biography," accessed February 22, 2014
- Connecticut Secretary of the State, "2012 - Candidate List," accessed June 19, 2012
- Connecticut Secretary of the State, "08/14/2012-Primary," accessed February 22, 2014
- Connecticut Secretary of the State, "Election Results 2012," accessed November 21, 2012
- Connecticut Secretary of the State, "08/10/2010-Primary - Election Results for State Representative," accessed February 22, 2014
- Connecticut Secretary of the State, "Statement of Vote," accessed February 22, 2014
- Follow the Money, "O'Brien, Elaine," accessed September 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Yankee Institute for Public Policy, "Yankee Institute Voter Guide for 2011-12," accessed October 19, 2012
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
|Connecticut House District 61
| Succeeded by|
Tami Zawistowski (R)
State of Connecticut
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of the State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utility Control |