|Florida House Of Representatives District 99|
|2006 - Present|
|November 16, 2012|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||Hofstra University (1964)|
|J.D.||New York University School of Law (1968)|
|Birthday||April 13, 1943|
|Place of birth||New York, New York|
Schwartz has worked as an Assistant City Attorney for the City of Hollywood, Attorney with the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, Columnist for the Hollywood Sun-Tattler, Attorney/Advocate for Long Term Care Ombudsman Council District X, Attorney for Met Life, and a high school teacher.
She serves as President of the Hills Democratic Club.
Schwartz did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Schwartz's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 589 - "Alzheimer's Disease: Directs DEA to develop & implement public education program relating to screening for Alzheimer's disease"
- HB 1391 - "Optional Medicaid Payments for the Medically Needy: Removes limitations on provision of services to certain persons age 65 or older, families, persons who are blind or disabled, pregnant women, & children younger than age 21."
- HB 1399 - "Employment Discrimination: Creates Helen Gordon Davis Equal Pay Protection Act; provides legislative findings relating to equal pay for equal work for women"
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Schwartz served on the following committees:
|Florida Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Judiciary, Democratic Ranking Member|
|• Health & Human Services|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Schwartz served on these committees:
|Florida Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Health & Human Services|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Schwartz served on these committees:
|Florida Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Elder & Family Services Policy, Democratic Ranking Member|
|• Health Care Appropriations|
|• PreK-12 Policy|
Schwartz won election in the 2012 election for Florida House of Representatives District 99. Schwartz ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14, 2012, and defeated Elizabeth Anne Eddy (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Florida House of Representatives, District 99, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Elain J. Schwartz Incumbent||65.5%||40,383|
|Republican||Elizabeth Anne "Libby" Eddy||34.5%||21,247|
On November 4, 2008, Schwartz won re-election to the Florida House of Representatives from Florida's 99th District, defeating Andrew Housman (write-in). Schwartz received 39,248 votes in the election while Housman received 35 votes. Schwartz raised $58,806 for her campaign.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 99|
|Elaine Schwartz (D)||39,248||99.9%|
|Andrew Housman (write-in)||35||0.1%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Schwartz raised $40,068 in contributions. 
Her two largest contributors were:
|Hospital Corp Of America||$2,000|
|Florida Hospital Association||$1,000|
Below are Schwartz's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|FL Assoc of Realtors||$2,000|
|Hospital Corporation of America||$2,000|
|FL Hospital Assoc||$1,300|
|Real Property Probate & Trust Law Section of the FL Bar Assoc||$1,000|
|FL Medical Assoc||$1,000|
- Elaine Schwartz's personal website
- Florida House of Representatives - Rep. Elaine Schwartz
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Schwartz Biography
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Schwartz Issue Positions
- ↑ Florida Secretary of State Election Division "Candidate List" Accessed June 21, 2012
- ↑ Florida Election Watch - 2010 Election results
- ↑ Florida House official election results for 2008
- ↑ District 99 Florida House candidate funds, 2008
- ↑ 2010 contributions
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|Florida House of Representatives District 99
| Succeeded by|
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |
Sunshine Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
List of School Districts |