For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Belknap 8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Belknap 5|
|2008 - 2012|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Swinford was appointed to these committees:
Elections for the office of New Hampshire House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 13, 2014. Raymond Howard defeated Elaine Swinford in the Republican primary. Peter Bolster ran as an Independent candidate. Howard and Bolster faced off in the general election. Republican Howard defeated Bolster in the general election, and was elected to the seat.
|New Hampshire House of Representatives Belknap 8 District, General Election, 2014|
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Belknap 8 District Republican Primary, 2014|
Swinford ran in the 2012 election for New Hampshire House of Representatives, Belknap 7. Swinford was defeated by incumbent Guy Comtois in the September 11 Republican primary election. Bruce A. Marriott ran unopposed in the Democratic primary. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Belknap 7 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Guy Comtois Incumbent||59.5%||303|
|Elaine Swinford Incumbent||40.5%||206|
On November 2, 2010, Swinford was re-elected to the New Hampshire House of Representatives.
On November 4, 2008, Swinford ran for the Belknap District 5 of the New Hampshire House of Representatives, winning the sixth of seven seats with 5,305 votes, behind James Pilliod (R) with 6,717 votes, Jeffrey St. Cyr (R) with 6,388 votes, Alida Millham (R) with 6,131 votes, Laurie Boyce (R) with 6,044 votes, Peter Bolster (R) with 5,729 votes, and ahead of William Johnson (D) with 5,276 votes, Christiansen (R) with 5,246 votes, Richardson (D) with 4,734 votes, McClung (D) with 4,155 votes, Bourbeau (D) with 3,819 votes, Condodemetraky (D) with 3,595 votes, Hammond (D) with 3,508 votes and 94 votes for others.
In 2010, a year in which Swinford was up for re-election, she did not collect any money in donations.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Elaine + Swinford + New Hampshire + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Hampshire House of Representatives
- New Hampshire House of Representatives District Belknap 08
- New Hampshire House of Representatives elections, 2014
- New Hampshire General Court
- New Hampshire General Court
- Primary candidate list for 2014
- New Hampshire House of Representatives- Rep. Swinford
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2014 Filing Period," accessed July 1, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2014 General Election Results," accessed December 3, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Results," accessed May 15, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2012 General Election Results," accessed May 15, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "State General Election - November 4, 2008," accessed May 16, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 campaign contributions," accessed June 17, 2014