|Maine House of Representatives, District 65|
|2010 - Present|
|December 6, 2016|
|Years in position||4|
|Assistant Minority Floor Leader, Maine House of Representatives|
|2014 - present|
|Base salary||$13,852/year (first regular session) |
$9,661/year (second regular session)
|Per diem||$38/day, plus $32/day for meals|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||University of Southern Maine|
Following the 2014 elections, Espling was named as the Assistant Minority Floor Leader.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Espling served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Inland Fisheries and Wildlife|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Espling served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Inland Fisheries and Wildlife|
Elections for the office of Maine House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 17, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the primary election was April 28, 2014, and the deadline for non-party candidates to run in the general election was June 2, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the general election was September 22, 2014. Mark Stevens was unopposed in the Democratic primary. District 105 incumbent Eleanor Espling was unopposed in the Republican primary. Espling defeated Stevens in the general election.
|Maine House of Representatives District 65, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Eleanor Espling Incumbent||56.7%||2,465|
|Democratic||Rosa Van Wie||39.2%||1,701|
Espling won re-election in the 2012 election for Maine House of Representatives District 105. Espling ran unopposed in the June 12 Republican primary and defeated Nichole Stevens (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Maine House of Representatives, District 105, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Eleanor Espling Incumbent||59.9%||3,321|
|Maine House of Representatives General Election, District 105 (2010)|
|Eleanor Espling (R)||2,624||55%|
|David Van Wie (D)||2,020||42%|
Comprehensive donor information for Espling is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Espling raised a total of $16,679 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 18, 2013.
|Eleanor Espling's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Maine State House, District 105||$8,110|
|2010||Maine State House, District 105||$8,569|
|Grand Total Raised||$16,679|
2012Espling won re-election to the Maine House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Espling raised a total of $8,110.
|Maine House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Eleanor Espling's campaign in 2012|
|Total Raised in 2012||$8,110|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Espling raised $8,569 in contributions.
No contributions to her campaign were of $1,000 or more.
Espling and her husband, Steve, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Eleanor + Espling+ Maine + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine State Legislature
- Maine House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Maine state legislative districts
- Maine House of Representatives - Rep. Eleanor Espling
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Primary Candidates," May 8, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Non-Party Candidates," June 2, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Primary Election - June 10, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "General Election - November 4, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
- Maine Secretary of State, "2012 Candidate List," accessed May 14, 2012
- Maine Secretary of State, "Tabulations for Elections held in 2012," accessed March 19, 2014
- Maine Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Official 2010 Election Results," accessed February 18, 2014
- Official Maine Election Results, 2010
- followthemoney.org, "Espling, Eleanor M," accessed September 18, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
David Van Wie (D)
|Maine House of Representatives District 105
| Succeeded by|
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |