Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas Commissioner of Insurance|
|August 15, 2011 - Present|
|February 1, 2013|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||July 20, 2011|
|Appointed by||Governor of Texas|
|Bachelor's||University of Houston (1984)|
|J.D.||South Texas College of Law (1986)|
It appears that her term will end at the end of May 2013 as it is believed she will not have enough confirmation votes in the Texas State Senate. To remain in the position she needs the support of two-thirds of senators. Senate Democrats have been unhappy with Kitzman for failing to question homeowners' policy rate increases by the state's largest property insurers.
Immediately after law school, Kitzman clerked for the Texas Supreme Court before beginning her legal career with the Austin office of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld. Kitzman has held management positions with several insurance companies and served as the South Carolina Director of Insurance. She left her position as executive director of the South Carolina Budget and Control Board to accept Perry's appointment as insurance commissioner.
- BA, University of Houston
- JD, South Texas College of Law.
Texas Insurance Commissioner (2011 - Present)
Executive director of the South Carolina Budget and Control Board (2011)
Kitzman served as executive director of the South Carolina Budget and Control Board for six months, resigning in July 2011.
South Carolina Director of Insurance (2005 - 2007)
Comprehensive donor information for Kitzman is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Kitzman raised a total of $146,767 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 9, 2013.
|Eleanor Kitzman's Campaign Contribution History|
|2010||SC Lieutenant Governor||$146,767|
|Grand Total Raised||$146,767|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Eleanor + Kitzman + Texas + Insurance"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Insurance Commissioner's Tenure Ends Monday - Texas Tribune
- The Evening Brief: Texas Headlines for May 24, 2013 - Texas Tribune
- Texas Senate forcing out state insurance commissioner - Dallas Morning News
- Texas Commissioner Kitzman Appears to Be on Way Out - PropertyCasualty360
- Texas plant that exploded had $1 million in liability insurance - Los Angeles Times
- Texas and region - LubbockOnline.com
- Insurance Commissioner Not Confirmed - Eye on Texas Blog (blog)
- Texas Tornado Victims Getting Insurance Help - Occupational Health and Safety
- Hearing on West explosion reveals hazy lines in state oversight of dangerous ... - Dallas Morning News
- West Fertilizer Investigators: Ammonium Nitrate Detonated in Explosion - Insurance Journal
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Texas Department of Insurance
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
- NAIC biography
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- ↑ Statesman.com, "Perry names new insurance commissioner," July 20, 2011
- ↑ Dallas Morning News, "Texas Senate forcing out state insurance commissioner ," May 16, 2013
- ↑ National Association of Insurance Commissioners, "Biography: Eleanor Kitzman," accessed December 27, 2011
- ↑ FITS News, "Eleanor Kitzman Resigns," July 20, 2011
- ↑ Statesman.com, "Perry insurance pick has experience, ties to industry," July 25, 2011
- ↑ Follow the Money, " Career fundraising for Eleanor Kitzman," accessed May 9, 2013
|South Carolina Director of Insurance
| Succeeded by|
|Texas Commissioner of Insurance
| Succeeded by|