|U.S. House, Washington, District 2|
Olson works as a manager for an electrical distribution company. Prior to that he worked in data communications.
Olson is the political director for the Snohomish County Young Republicans and is involved with the Campaign for Liberty.
Olson said his top priorities include national security, civil liberties (he opposes the Patriot Act and TSA procedures), and improved treatment of veterans.
According to his website, Olson's campaign platform includes the following issues:
- Lower taxes
- Second amendment
- Reduced military involvement worldwide
In the 2nd District, Republican Dan Matthews was seen by some as presenting a serious threat to Democratic incumbent Rick Larsen. An analyst, however, said, "There is no way a candidate like Larsen is going to lose in 2012."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Eli + Olson + Washington + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Email submission to Ballotpedia on August 6, 2012
- Eli Olson campaign website, "The Issues," accessed August 3, 2012
- Washington Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings," accessed May 18, 2012
- Washington Secretary of State, "Top 2 Primary: FAQ," accessed May 17, 2012
- AP Primary Results
- Seattle Times, "Republican Matthews can give incumbent Democrat Larsen a challenge in 2nd Congressional District," July 17, 2012
- MSNBC "Larsen faces 5 challengers in 2nd District race," July 20, 2012 (dead link)