|Oregon House of Representatives District 58|
|Years of service||1975 - 1980|
Stephens is the owner of Round Up City Repair, a computer repair and maintenance business. He served in the U.S. Navy from 1975 until 1980, working on a nuclear submarine. Stephens is the former owner of Floyd's Truck Ranch and has worked as a hotel auditor and insurance rep. He is married and has eight children.
On his 2012 campaign site, Stephens outlines his campaign themes:
- "I am not a career politician, lawyer, or doctor. I am a small business owner, who like so many of you, has been stifled by government regulation that costs us and the consumer... With all the money we have spent on safety, health, and schools, we should be the safest, longest-living, and smartest generation ever; but we are not. More laws and money is not the answer; maybe personal responsibility is... The one-size-fits-all mentality for our state needs consideration. Our lives in Eastern Oregon are so different than those in the Willamette Valley, including weather, traffic, and lifestyles. This does not make us or them better, just different. So with different needs, let's not pass laws that lump us all together."
Stephens ran in the 2012 election for Oregon House District 58. Stephens was defeated by incumbent Bob Jenson in the May 15 Republican primary. Jack Esp and Brent Smith also ran. Heidi Van Schoonhoven ran unopposed in the Democratic primary. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 58 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Bob Jenson Incumbent||53.1%||4,367|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Eli + Stephens + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- Campaign Facebook page
- Oregon Secretary of State, 2012 Candidate Information, "Eli F Stephens"
- Project Vote Smart Biography, "Eli Stephens"
- Eli Stephens, Campaign site, "Bio," accessed May 15, 2012
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings for the House," accessed April 11, 2012
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Oregon State House Official Primary Results for 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Oregon State House Official General Results for 2012," accessed May 24, 2014