Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|South Carolina Superintendent of Education|
|South Carolina Superintendent, Republican Primary, 2014|
|Molly Mitchell Spearman||22.4%||64,992|
|Election Results via South Carolina State Elections Commission.|
Moffly ran for the U.S. House representing the 1st Congressional District of South Carolina. The election was held to replace Tim Scott, who was appointed to fill Jim DeMint's vacant seat in the U.S. Senate. Moffly ran in the Republican primary against Keith Blandford, Curtis Bostic, Ric Bryant, Larry Grooms, Jonathan Hoffman, Jeff King, John Kuhn, Tim Larkin, Chip Limehouse, Peter McCoy, Ray Nash, Andy Patrick, Shawn Pinkston, Mark Sanford and Teddy Turner on March 19, 2013. The general election took place on May 7, 2013. Mark Sanford won.
Former Governor Mark Sanford was seen as the front runner due to name recognition and the fact that he has $120,000 in an old campaign account. This coupled with his ability to fundraise quickly gives him a leg up on the field. This is also his former seat in the U.S. House of Representatives that he held for three terms, prior to being elected governor.
|U.S. House, South Carolina District 1 Special Republican Primary, 2013|
|Harry "Chip" Limehouse||6.1%||3,279|
|Source: Official results via South Carolina State Election Commission|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Elizabeth + Moffly + South + Carolina + Education"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Carolina Superintendent of Education
- South Carolina down ballot state executive elections, 2014
- South Carolina Election Commission, "Candidate Tracking," March 31, 2014
- South Carolina Radio Network, "List of 19 candidates running for District 1 seat," January 28, 2013 (dead link)
- Washington Post, "Scott's departure for Senate will trigger third special House election in 2013," December 17, 2012
- South Carolina Republican Party Website, "1st Congressional Special Election details set," accessed January 3, 2013
- Roll Call, "Sanford Likely Front-Runner in S.C. Special Election," January 3, 2013
- Salon.com, "Ted Turner’s son vying in SC congressional primary," January 23, 2013
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress, "Davis, Medel Jackson, (1942-2007)," accessed January 28, 2013
- SC Votes, "March 19 Special Primary Election," accessed April 30, 2013
State of South Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller General | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |