|January 2011 - Present|
|Years in position||3|
|Predecessor||Jeb Spaulding (D)|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Appointed by||Gov. Peter Shumlin|
|Deputy Treasurer of Vermont|
|Deputy Treasurer for Cash Management, Massachusetts State Treasurer's Office|
|Bachelor's||University of New Hampshire|
Pearce has worked in government finance for more than 30 years across New England. After earning a B.A. from the University of New Hampshire, she served as a fiscal officer with the Massachusetts Department of Social Services and as a project director for the Massachusetts Executive Office of Human Services.
She also has experience working in local government, first as the Accounting Manager and Financial Operations Manager for the Town of Hartford, CT and later as Deputy Comptroller for the Town of Greenburgh, NY. Before assuming her role as Treasurer, Pearce also worked as Deputy Treasurer for more than 7 years.
- BA, Anthropology, University of New Hampshire
Vermont Treasurer (2011-present)
Pearce was first appointed in January 2011 by Governor Peter Shumlin to replace Jeb Spaulding, who was appointed Secretary of Administration. Prior to her appointment to statewide office, she had served as deputy treasurer.
Pearce ran successfully for election to a full-term as state treasurer in the 2012 general election on November 6, 2012.
Elections & Appointments
Pearce won re-election as Vermont Treasurer in 2012. She ran unopposed in the August 28 Democratic primary. Republican Wendy Wilton and Progressive Party candidate Don Schramm were also unopposed in their respective parties' primaries. The three candidates, in addition to Liberty Union Party candidate Jessica Diamondstone, ran in the general election on November 6, 2012. Pearce defeated her challengers to win re-election in the general election.
|Vermont Treasurer General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Elizabeth Pearce Incumbent||52.3%||147,700|
|Liberty Union||Jessica Diamondstone||2.5%||6,939|
|Election Results via Vermont Secretary of State.|
Pearce's 2012 re-election campaign was endorsed by the Vermont National Education Association, the state's largest union.
In January 2011, Governor Peter Shumlin named deputy treasurer Pearce to the position of state treasurer to fill the vacancy left by former officeholder Jeb Spaulding's appointment as Secretary of Administration.
Comprehensive donor information for Pearce is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Pearce raised a total of $248,225 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 9, 2013.
|Elizabeth Pearce's Campaign Contribution History|
|Grand Total Raised||$248,225|
Pearce won re-election to the position of Vermont Treasurer in 2012. During that election cycle, Pearce raised a total of $248,225.
|Vermont Treasurer 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Elizabeth Pearce's campaign in 2012|
|Vermont State Employees Association||$5,000|
|International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$3,000|
|Green Mountain PAC||$3,000|
|1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East||$3,000|
|Progressive Voters of America||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$248,225|
|Total Votes received in 2012||147,700|
|Cost of each vote received||$1.68|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Elizabeth + Pearce + Vermont + Treasurer"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Barre currently lives in Barre, Vermont.
- Vermont State Treasurer
- Pearce's biography
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign donors: 2012
- Confident versus concerned in Vermont treasurer's race October 2, 2012
- Vermont Treasurer.gov, "Meet the treasurer," accessed September 12, 2011
- vermont Secretary of State, "Candidate Listing," accessed June 13, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "Unofficial election results," August 28, 2012
- Vermont Secretary of State Elections Division, "2012 Candidate Listing," accessed October 19, 2012
- Vermont Public Radio, "Campaign 2012 Election Results" accessed November 6, 2012
- VtDigger, "State's largest union gives nod to Shumlin, Scott, Illuzzi, and Condos earlier recommendation for Pearce in Treasurer's race rounds out Vermont NEAs election picks," September 11, 2012
- Follow the Money, " Career fundraising for Beth Pearce," accessed May 9, 2013
Jeb Spaulding (D)
| Succeeded by|