Elizabeth Steiner Hayward
|Elizabeth Steiner Hayward|
|Oregon State Senate District 17|
|January 5, 2012-Present|
|January 9, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Appointed||January 5, 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of Chicago, 1985|
|M.D.||University of Massachusetts, 1991|
|Birthday||April 5, 1963|
Steiner-Hayward earned a BA in Religion in the Humanities from the University of Chicago in 1985 and a MD from the University of Massachusetts in 1991. Her professional experience includes being the Direction of the Breast Health Education Program at the Oregon Health & Science University Cancer Institute, working as an Associate Professor at the Oregon Health & Science University, and as a Reviewer for the Annals of Family Medicine.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hayward served on the following committees:
|Oregon Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health Care and Human Services|
|• Ways and Means|
- See also: Oregon State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Oregon State Senate will consist of a primary election on May 20, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Incumbent Elizabeth Steiner Hayward is unopposed in the Democratic primary. John Verbeek is unopposed in the Republican primary.
- See also: Oregon State Senate elections, 2012
Hayward won re-election in the 2012 election for Oregon State Senate District 17. Hayward was unopposed in the May 15 Democratic primary and defeated John Verbeek (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Oregon State Senate, District 17, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Elizabeth Steiner Hayward Incumbent||66.5%||37,545|
Comprehensive donor information for Hayward is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Hayward raised a total of $184,317 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 12, 2013.
|Elizabeth Steiner Hayward's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Oregon State Senate, District 17||$184,317|
|Grand Total Raised||$184,317|
2012Hayward won election to the Oregon State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Hayward raised a total of $184,317.
|Oregon State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Elizabeth Steiner Hayward's campaign in 2012|
|Oregon Democratic Party||$19,753|
|Oregon Medical Association||$11,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$184,317|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Steiner-Hayward and her husband, Michael, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Elizabeth + Hayward + Oregon + Senate'"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign Website
- Profile from the Oregon State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Oregon Live, "Elizabeth Steiner Hayward bests Rep. Chris Harker to win Oregon state Senate seat," December 21, 2011
- Project Vote Smart - Sen. Steiner-Hayward
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filing," accessed March 15, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings for the Senate," accessed April 11, 2012
- Oregon Secretary of State, Official Primary Results
- followthemoney.org, "Steiner Hayward, Elizabeth" Accessed June 12, 2013
|Oregon State Senate District 17
January 5, 2012–present
| Succeeded by|