|| The information about this individual is current as of when his or her last campaign ended. See anything that needs updating? Send a correction to our editors
was a 2012 Democratic
candidate for Lieutenant Governor of North Dakota
in the 2012 elections
, running on a ticket with gubernatorial candidate Ryan Taylor
Chaffee is a senior fellow at the Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges. She worked for 15 years as President of Valley City State University, during nine of which she also served as President of Mayville State University. She has also worked as President in Residence at Harvard University, academic vice-chancellor for the North Dakota University System, director for organizational studies at the National Center for Higher Education Management Systems, trustee of the MeritCare health care system, and in student affairs at North Dakota State University.
- MS, North Dakota State University
- MA, Higher education administration, Stanford University
- PhD, Higher education administration, Stanford University
- See also: North Dakota gubernatorial and lieutenant gubernatorial election, 2012
Chaffee was the Democratic nominee for Lieutenant Governor of North Dakota. She ran on a ticket with Ryan Taylor. In the general election in November, they faced Republican incumbents Jack Dalrymple & Drew Wrigley, and two pairs of independent nominees, Roland Riemers & Anthony Johns and Paul Sorum & Michael Coachman. They were defeated by incumbents Dalrymple and Wrigley.
|Governor/Lieutenant Governor of North Dakota General Election, 2012
||Jack Dalrymple & Drew Wrigley Incumbent
|| Ryan Taylor & Ellen Chaffee
|| Paul Sorum & Michael Coachman
|| Roland Riemers & Anthony Johns
|Election Results via North Dakota Secretary of State.
Taylor & Chaffee lost the election to the position of North Dakota Governor/Lieutenant Governor in 2012. During that election cycle, Taylor & Chaffee raised a total of $651,284.
|North Dakota Governor/Lieutenant Governor 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ellen Chaffee's campaign in 2012|
|Friends of Kent Conrad||$55,000
|North Dakota Association of Telecommunications Cooperatives||$12,000|
|Democratic Governors Association||$10,000|
|Total Raised in 2012
|Source:Follow the Money
Chaffee and her husband, David, have one daughter and three grandchildren.
- ↑ 'Minot Daily News, "Seeking endorsement: Political parties to rally at state conventions," March 15, 2012
- ↑ Taylor for North Dakota.com, "News: ND gubernatorial candidate Ryan Taylor joins Ellen Chaffee, former president of VCSU, in announcing lieutenant governor candidacy," March 14, 2012
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Bismark Tribune, "General Election Results," accessed November 6, 2012