|Pennsylvania Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources|
|June 13, 2013 - Present|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||June 13, 2013|
|Appointed by||Gov. Tom Corbett (R)|
Ferretti was serving as deputy for parks and forestry, a position she held since June 2011, when she was named as Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources. Previously she served as a member of the Energy and Environment Committee on Governor-elect Tom Corbett’s Transition Team.
Before working at the DCNR, Ferretti served as vice president of the Pennsylvania Environmental Council's Northeast Regional Office. She also served as director of environmental resources at Borton-Lawson Engineering, worked as a land protection specialist for The Nature Conservancy, was vice president of ARRIS Engineering Group, Inc., project manager/environmental scientist at America Resource Consultants, and a project manager at Westinghouse Environmental and Geotechnical Services, Inc.
- B.S., Environmental Science/Biology, Wilkes College
Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources (2013-present)
Ferretti has served as Pennsylvania Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources since June 13, 2013.
Ferretti was named as acting Pennsylvania Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources by Gov. Tom Corbett on June 13, 2013.
Ferretti was named as Deputy Secretary for Parks and Forests by then-DCNR head Richard Allan in July 2011. He stated, "Ellen has tremendous experience in the private and non-profit sectors.In her most recent position as president of the northeast regional office of the Pennsylvania Environmental Council, she worked very closely with DCNR and its partners on landscape conservation efforts. Her wealth of knowledge will be a valuable asset to the department.”
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ellen + Ferretti + Pennsylvania + Resources"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Philly.com, "Corbett cabinet member fired over email containing racial epithet," June 13, 2013
- Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources, "Acting Secretary Ellen Ferretti," accessed June 14, 2013
- CBS Philadelphia, "Corbett Forces Pa. State Forests Chief To Resign," June 14, 2013
- PA Environment Digest, "Ellen Ferretti Appointed DCNR Deputy For State Parks, Forests," June 9, 2011
|Pennsylvania Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources
| Succeeded by|