|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Third Hampshire|
|1993 - present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||21|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Texas|
|Master's||Cambridge College, 1990|
|Birthday||October 17, 1941|
|Place of birth||Oklahoma City, Oklahoma|
Story has been a member of the Amherst Town Democratic Committee.
Story's professional experience includes serving as Associate Executive Director of the Family Planning Council of Western Massachusetts from 1973 to 1991.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Story served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Rules Joint|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Story served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Rules Joint|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Story served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Floor Division|
Elections for the office of Massachusetts House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on September 9, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Ellen Story is unopposed in the Democratic primary.
Story won re-election in the 2012 election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Third Hampshire District. Story was unopposed in the September 6 Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives General Election, Third Hampshire District (2010)|
|Ellen Story (D)||8,087|
|Daniel Sandell (R)||1,942|
On November 4, 2008, Story won re-election in the Massachusetts House of Representatives election for the Third Hampshire district. In this election she raised $15,365; of that total $15,365 (100%) was from in state contributions and nothing (0%) was from out of state contributions.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives - Third Hampshire district|
|Ellen Story (D)||13,252|
Story has been a member of the Amherst Area Chamber of Commerce, Amherst Education Foundation, Center for Women in Public Policy Board of Directors, Emerge Massachusetts Advisory Board, League of Women Voters, Amherst Area Rotary Club, and the Caucus of Women Legislators Steering Committee.
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Story received $25,934 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ellen Story's campaign in 2010|
|Massachusetts State Council Of Service Employees||$1,000|
|Massachusetts Optometric Pol Action Comm||$500|
|Cmte For A Democratic House||$500|
|Cofrin, Mary Ann||$500|
|1199 Seiu United Healthcare Workers East||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$25,934|
Story raised $15,365 in the 2008 election cycle.
Her major contributors are listed below.
|Boston Police Patrolmens Association||$500|
|Massachusetts Dental Society||$200|
|18 different donors||$100|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Ellen + Story + Massachusetts + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Massachusetts state legislative districts
- Massachusetts State Legislature
- Massachusetts House of Representatives - Rep. Ellen Story
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- Ellen Story on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Story
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2012 State Primary Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 2, 2010," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes For Massachusetts State Election - November 4, 2008," accessed March 18, 2014
- Follow the Money 2008
- Follow the Money, "Massachusetts 2010 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts House donor numbers
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Hampshire 3
| Succeeded by|
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |