|Former candidate for|
|San Antonio City Council, District 2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Service/branch||United States Marine Corps.|
The city of San Antonio, Texas held a nonpartisan special election for the District 2 seat of the San Antonio City Council in conjunction with the state and federal general elections on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was August 21, 2014.
The special election was held to fill the District 2 seat vacated by Ivy R. Taylor. In July 2014, Taylor was appointed as Mayor of San Antonio when President Barack Obama tapped former San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro to serve as the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. In August 2014, Keith A. Toney was appointed to hold the position until the special election in November.
The candidates were Toney, Alan E. Warrick, Norris Tyrone Darden, Ntando McIntosh and Elmo Aycock. Because no candidate received more than 50% percent of the vote in the election on November 4, the top two vote-getters - Toney and Warrick - advanced to a runoff election on December 9, 2014. Warrick defeated Toney in the runoff election.
- City of San Antonio, "Department News: November 2014 Special City Election to fill a Vacancy in City Council District 2," July 24, 2014
- San Antonio Board of Elections, "November 2014 Sample Ballot," accessed on October 24, 2014
- San Antonio Express News, "Five vie for District 2 seat," September 27, 2014
- Bexar County Clerk, "2014 Unofficial Election Results," accessed on November 4, 2014
- San Antonio Express News, "Warrick ousts Toney in District 2 runoff," December 9, 2014
- Texas Democrats, "2012 Candidate list," accessed May 10, 2012 (dead link)
- Texas Secretary of State, "Unofficial Democratic primary results," May 29, 2012 (timed out)
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |