|Alabama House of Representatives District 34|
|1998-August 31, 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Date of birth||February 18, 1943|
|Profession||Real Estate Evaluator|
Thomas resigned in order to become executive director of the Alabama Manufactured Housing Commission.
Thomas' professional experience includes working as a Real Estate Evaluator with Colonial Bank and SHY, East Central Division.
Thomas is a member of the Alabama Realtors' Association, Blount County Chamber of Commerce, First Baptist Church of Oneonta, Gideons, Saint Clair County Board of Realtors, Farmers' Home Administration Loan Committee of Blount County.
Thomas served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Agency and Commission Issues, Chair
- Jefferson County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Rules Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Consent Calendars
Thomas won re-election to the 34th District seat in 2010. He had no opposition.
Thomas raised $75,666 for his campaign, while Sherer raised $10,421.
|Alabama State House, District 34 (2006)|
|Elwyn Thomas (R)||9,006|
|Jeremy P. Sherer (D)||3,579|
In 2010, Thomas raised $37,250 in contributions.
His five largest contributors were:
|Alabama Education Association||$10,000|
|Alabama State Employees Association||$2,000|
|Alabama Tax Officials||$1,500|
In 2006, Thomas collected $75,666 in donations.
Below are Thomas's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL Education Assoc||$27,053|
|AL State Employees Assoc||$4,500|
|Blount County Republican Party||$3,500|
Thomas and his wife, Linda, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Elwyn+ Thomas + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama House of Representatives
- Alabama House Committees
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama Legislature - Elwyn Thomas
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Alabama House Republican Caucus
- The Republic, "Alabama governor sets special election to replace Rep. Elwyn Thomas in District 34," August 22, 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed November 19, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2006 Campaign contributions," accessed November 19, 2014
|Alabama House District 34
1998–August 31, 2012
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|