|Iowa House of Representatives District 75|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
He is an Attorney with Palmer and Palmer, and has been a Judicial Magistrate.
Palmer is State Legal Counsel for the Jaycees, member of the Kiwanis, Mahaska County Democrats, Treasurer of Nelson Pioneer Farm Trust, member of the Oskaloosa Chamber of Commerce, Oskaloosa Municipal Housing Agency Board, and the William Penn University Alumni Board.
- Judiciary (Vice Chair)
- Natural Resources
- Subcommittee on Justice System Appropriations (Vice Chair)
Palmer lost his bid for re-election to the 75th District seat against Guy Vander Linden (R). Palmer had no opposition in the Democratic primary. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 75 General Election (2010)|
|Guy Vander Linden (R)||6,015|
|Eric Palmer (D)||5,324|
On November 4, 2008, Palmer was re-elected to the 75th District Seat in the Iowa House of Representatives, defeating Danny Carroll (R). Palmer raised $364,170 for his campaign, while Carroll raised $215,540.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 75|
|Eric Palmer (D)||8,115|
|Danny Carroll (R)||6,867|
In 2008 Palmer collected $364,170 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Iowa Democratic Party||$222,512|
|Iowa Trial Lawyers Association||$10,427|
|United Food & Commercial Workers International Union||$9,500|
|Iowa Federation of Labor||$6,500|
- Eric Palmer's Personal Website
- Eric Palmer on the Iowa House Website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart Legislative Profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Students for Eric Palmer on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Palmer
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed October 1, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2008 General election results," accessed April 7, 2014
- Follow The Money, "Funds raised by 2008 Iowa House candidates," accessed April 7, 2014
- 2008 Contributions to Eric Palmer
|Iowa House of Representatives District 75
| Succeeded by|
Guy Vander Linden
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |