|Orphans Court of Queen Anne’s County, Maryland|
|Past position:||Founder and managing partner, Elliott & Wargotz Pathologists, LLC|
|Undergraduate:||Rutgers University-New Brunswick|
|Grad. School:||Ohio State University College of Medicine|
|Candidate for:||Orphans Court|
|Position:||Queen Anne's County|
|Election information 2014:|
Wargotz received his undergraduate degree from Rutgers University-New Brunswick and his medical degree from the Ohio State University College of Medicine.
- 2015-2018: Judge, Orphans Court of Queen Anne’s County
- 1988-Present: Founder and managing partner, Elliott & Wargotz Pathologists, LLC
- 1989-2006: Medical laboratory director and chief of pathology, Elliott & Wargotz Pathologists, LLC
- 1986-Present: Clinical professor of pathology, George Washington University School of Medicine 
- See also: Maryland judicial elections, 2014
| Wargotz ran for election to the Orphans Court of Queen Anne’s County.
Primary: He was successful in the Republican primary on June 24, 2014, receiving 17.2 percent of the vote. He competed against Barry Donadio, Steve Hoofnagle, Penelope A. Keating, Richard "Dick" Smith, Kim Calvert, and incumbent Judges Joseph V. DiPietro and Kimberly Jean Cascia. Primary candidates competed for 3 seats.
General: He faced Stan Ruddie, and incumbent judges, Thomas M. Walsh, Kimberly Jean Cascia, and Joseph V. DiPietro in the general election on November 4, 2014, and won with 22.8 percent of the vote. Candidates competed for three open seats.
Wargotz considered running in the 2012 election for the U.S. Senate, representing Maryland. Wargotz would have been seeking the nomination on the Republican ticket. Ultimately, he decided not to run and challenge incumbent Ben Cardin.
|Eric Wargotz (2012) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||March 31, 2012||$833.61||$0.00||$(0.00)||$833.61|
|July Quarterly||July 8, 2012||$833.61||$1,130.00||$(1,000.00)||$963.61|
Eric Wargotz has released several political videos on his YouTube channel. The following is a video on the economy released in 2011.
Eric Wargotz, "The Economy"
Wargotz lives in Queen Anne’s County with his wife Cheryl Ann and their three children.
- Maryland Courts, "About the Orphans' Court"
- Maryland Courts, "Directory of Judges: Maryland Orphans’ Court"
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Primary Ballot, Queen Anne's County," accessed March 30, 2014
- Judicial selection in Maryland
- LinkedIn.com, "Profile: Eric Wargotz, M.D.," accessed June 20, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "2014 Official Primary Election Results," accessed October 3, 2014
- Eric Wargotz campaign website Accessed January 5, 2012
- Washington Post, "Eric Wargotz decides against Cardin challenge," accessed October 1, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Eric Wargotz Summary Report," accessed October 1, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "April Quarterly" accessed October 1, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "July Quarterly" accessed October 1, 2012
- YouTube channel
- Wargotz for Senate, "About Eric Wargotz" accessed January 9, 2012