|Florida House Of Representatives District 114|
|November 18, 2014|
|Years in position||5|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||Florida State University|
|Birthday||June 9, 1976|
|Place of birth||Miami, Florida|
|Profession||Land Use Consultant|
Fresen served as a legislative aide from 2000-2002.
He is a member of the Blue Ribbon Committee on Workforce Housing, Chair of Educational Facilities Benefit District, and member of the School Concurrency Task Force.
Fresen did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Fresen's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 1233 - "Corporations: Authorizes certain alternative procedures for election of members of board of directors; revises resignation procedures for members of board; provides that resignation may be irrevocable under certain conditions; revises procedures for filling vacancy on board of directors."
- HB 1481 - "Home-Invasion Robbery: Creates "Safe at Home Act"; provides enhanced penalties for home-invasion robbery in which victim is 65 years of age or older."
- HB 7155 - "Taxation: Revises various provisions of law relating to DOR's authority to collect state taxes & administer & enforce state's tax laws; authorizes governing bodies of charter counties to limit amount of interest charged for unpaid property taxes; repeals provisions relating to monitoring & reporting on use of tax deduction claimed by international banking institutions."
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Fresen served on the following committees:
|Florida Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Regulatory Affairs|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Fresen served on these committees:
|Florida Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Finance & Tax|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Fresen served on these committees:
|Florida Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• PreK-12 Policy, Vice-chair|
|• Health Care Regulation Policy|
|• PreK-12 Appropriations|
Fresen won election in the 2012 election for Florida House of Representatives District 114. Fresen defeated Amory Bodin in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012, and defeated Ross Hancock (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Florida House of Representatives, District 114, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Erik Fresen Incumbent||51.2%||30,842|
|Florida House of Representatives, District 114 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Erik Fresen Incumbent||71.7%||6,268|
Fresen ran for re-election to the 111th District seat in 2010. He did not have any opposition in the August 24 primary. Fresen defeated Cristina Albright (D) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
| Florida House of Representatives, District 111 |
2010 General election results
|Erik Fresen (R)||17,049||63.6%|
|Cristina Albright (D)||9,759||36.4%|
On November 4, 2008, Fresen won election to the Florida House of Representatives from Florida's 111th District, defeating Frank Morra (D). Fresen received 24,268 votes in the election while Morra received 16,641 votes. Fresen raised $346,394 for his campaign; Morra raised $9,770.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 111|
|Erik Fresen (R)||24,268||59.3%|
|Frank Morra (D)||16,641||40.7%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Fresen raised $219,811 in contributions. 
His six largest contributors were:
|Florida Chamber Of Commerce||$2,500|
|Florida Association Of Realtors||$2,000|
|Florida Optometric Association||$2,000|
|Hospital Corp Of America||$2,000|
|Florida Hospital Association||$2,000|
Below are Fresen's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|FL Republican Party||$17,950|
|Dade County Classroom Teachers Assoc||$3,000|
|FL Institute of CPAs||$2,500|
|FL Police Benevolent Assoc||$2,000|
|Real Property Probate & Trust Law Section of the FL Bar Assoc||$2,000|
- Florida House of Representatives - Rep. Erik Fresen
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Fresen Biography
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Fresen Issue Positions
- ↑ Florida Secretary of State Election Division "Candidate List" Accessed June 21, 2012
- ↑ Florida Election Watch - 2010 Election results
- ↑ Florida House official election results for 2008
- ↑ District 111 Florida House candidate funds, 2008
- ↑ 2010 contributions
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
Ana Rivas Logan (R)
|Florida House of Representatives District 114
| Succeeded by|
|Florida House of Representatives District 111
| Succeeded by|
Eduardo Gonzalez (R)
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |
Sunshine Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
List of School Districts |