Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 93|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Merisotis' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Eliminate Property Tax
- Excerpt:"Government should not have the power to levy or raise taxes or increase spending at a rate beyond inflation and population growth without the citizens’ approval."
- Excerpt:"Ernie supports part time pay to match a part time legislature. This, along with no pension, provides for a “citizen legislature.” Ernie’s personal pledge to you, the taxpayer is to not accept a Legislator’s pension."
- Excerpt:"Parents are best suited to choose the school that most fits their children’s academic needs. Tax dollars should follow children to their choice, be it public or private."
No ObamaCare for Pennsylvania
- Excerpt:"State legislators must act immediately to overturn the already harmful effects of ObamaCare. Government interference is the largest contributing factor to the high cost of healthcare today. Individuals should be able to purchase whatever level of health insurance they need."
Protect the 2nd Amendment
- Excerpt:"Self-defense is a fundamental right. The right to carry firearms for that self-defense is recognized by the U.S. Constitution and the constitutions of 44 of the 50 states in this nation."
- Excerpt:"All future state, county, local government and public employees should be enrolled in a Defined-Contribution** pension plan like a 401K – just as in the private sector."
Make PA a Right to Work State
- Excerpt:"Employees should be able to decide if they want union representation or not. Dues, fees and forced political campaign contributions should be eliminated for those employees."
Elections for the office of Pennsylvania House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on May 20, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Ernest Merisotis will face Kristin Lee Phillips-Hill in the Republican primary.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 93 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Ronald Miller Incumbent||59.9%||4,620|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ernest + Merisotis + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Pennsylvania State Legislature
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 93
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |