Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Coos 2|
|2006 - 2012|
|Base salary||$200/two-year term|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of Colorado/Castleton State College|
|Master's||University of Vermont, 1981|
Merrick was the town chair for the Lancaster Democrats Committee in 2006. She is also a certified wellness consultant for Nikken, Incorporated; lobbyist, Blood Cancer Coalition Advocate for Mulitple Myeloma Research Foundation; and a self-employed health educator. Merrick's other professional experiences certified fitness educator and area coordinator/counselor for the University of Vermont.
Merrick earned her B.A. from the University of Colorado/Castelton State College and MEd from the Univesity of Vermont.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Merrick served on these committees:
Merrick ran for re-election in the 2012 election for New Hampshire House of Representatives, Coos 7. Merrick was unopposed in the September 11 Democratic primary and was defeated by Leon Rideout (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Coos 7, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Evalyn Merrick Incumbent||49.7%||3,240|
On November 2, 2010, Merrick was re-elected to the New Hampshire House of Representatives.
On November 4, 2008, Merrick won re-election by finishing third for the four-seat Coos District 2 of the New Hampshire House of Representatives receiving 2,769 votes behind Democrat Scott Merrick (2,969) and Republican William Remick (2,947) and ahead of Republicans Herbert Richardson (2,695) and John Tholl (2,609), Democrats John Roberge (2,387) and Troy Merner (2,383), Republican Charles Bond (2,169), and "Others" (11).
Among Merrick's opponents, Remick raised $2,050 for his campaign, against $900 by Merner.
In 2010, a year in which Merrick was up for re-election, she did not collect any money in donations.
According to Follow the Money, Merrick raised no funds for the 2008 election.
Merrick and her husband, Richard, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Evalyn + Merrick + New Hampshire + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Hampshire House of Representatives
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- New Hampshire Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Candidates
- New Hampshire Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Results
- New Hampshire House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- Follow the Money's report on Merrick's 2008 campaign contributions
- 2010 campaign contributions
- Campaign contributors to Evalyn Merrick
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Merrick
|New Hampshire House of Representatives - Coos 2 District
| Succeeded by|
Wayne Moynihan (D)