|Evelyn J. Lynn|
|Florida State Senate District 7|
|November 16, 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2008|
|First elected||November 2002|
|Term limits||2 terms (8 years)|
|Florida House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||Queens College (1950)|
|Master's||Stetson University (1969)|
|Birthday||February 2, 1930|
Lynn served as City Commissioner of Ormond Beach from 1991 to 1994. She served in the Florida State House of Representatives from 1994 to 2002.
Lynn was a Personnel Director for Miller and Sons and Beth Israel Hospital from 1950 to 1962. She then worked as a Teacher and Assistant Superintendent for Volusia County School from 1962 to 1989. She also worked as Adjunct/Visiting Professor at Nova University and Stetson University from 1979 to 1990. She currently works as a Consultant.
Lynn earned her B.A. from Queens College in 1950. She went on to receive her M.A. from Stetson University in 1969. She then earned her EdD from the University of Florida in 1979.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Lynn was appointed to these committees:
- Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations, Chair
- Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations
- Commerce and Tourism
- Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities
- Higher Education
- Joint Legislative Auditing
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Lynn served on these committees:
- Commerce Committee, Florida State Senate
- Higher Education Committee, Florida State Senate
- Higher Education Appropriations Committee, Florida State Senate
- Military Affairs and Domestic Security Committee, Florida State Senate
- Rules Committee, Florida State Senate
|Florida State Senate, District 7 (2008)|
|Evelyn Lynn (R)||140,910||73.5%|
|Richard Dembinsky (NPA)||50,797||26.5%|
Lynn raised $0 in campaign contributions in 2010, a year in which she was not up for election.
In 2008, Lynn collected $352,140 in campaign contributions. The five largest contributors to her campaign were as follows:
|Florida Police Benevolent Association||$3,500|
|Florida Hospital Association||$2,500|
|Direct General Insurance Co.||$2,500|
|Florida Association of Realtors||$2,000|
|Hospital Corporation of America||$2,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Evelyn + Lynn + Florida + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Lynn is widowed and has two children.
- Official Florida State Senate website of Senator Evelyn Lynn
- Project Vote Smart Evelyn Lynn policy page
- Project Vote Smart Evelyn Lynn biography page
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
Charlie Clary (R)
|Florida Senate District 7
| Succeeded by|
Rob Bradley (R)