For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Transparency grading process|
Last reviewed: October 2012
- The current budget is published and previous budgets are available for the last three years
- The calendar of meetings, agendas and minutes are available and archived at least three years
- Names of elected officials, individual phone numbers, and a physical address is available
- Names of administrative officials, individual phone numbers, and a physical address is available
- Permit applications are available for download and zoning ordinances are available
- The current audit is published and previous audits are available for the last three years
- Bids are posted
- A public records contact is available and public records policies are available in a central location
- Tax revenues are available
- Individual email addresses and a physical address for Council Members are unavailable; only forms are published.
- Awarded contracts are not published and a search for contracts does not generate relevant results.
- Individual email addresses are unavailable for every administrative official.
- Lobbying information including associated memberships and fees are unavailable.
- Tax rates are not available.
|Vivian Stiver||Council member|
|Chad Roberts||Council member|
|Bernard Gatewood||Council member|
|John Eberhart||Council member|
|Lloyd Hilling||Council member|
|Jim Matherly||Council member|
|Patrick Cole||Chief of Staff|
|Laren Zager||Police Chief|
|James Soileau||Chief Financial Officer|
|Michael Schmetzer||Director of Public Works/City Engineer|
|Ryan Rickels||Information Tech Director|
|Antonio Schumate||Purchasing/Risk Management|
|Warren Cummings||Fire Chief|
|Clem Clooten||Building Official|
|Stephanie Johnson||Dispatch Manager|
The total appropriation for 2012 was $32,987,067. The largest expenditure was for the department of public works $6,774,611, followed by police departments $6,552,634, the fire department $6,098,719, and the general account $4,947,120.
In 2010, the Government Finance Officers Association presented Fairbanks with a Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting for excellent annual financial reports.
The city of Fairbanks received $191,535,585.27 in federal stimulus funding in 17 contracts and 60 contracts.
- Wikipedia, Fairbanks, Alaska, accessed July 11, 2013
- fairbanksalaska.us, Current and archived budgets, accessed October, 2012
- fairbanksalaska.us, Current and archived meetings, agendas and minutes, accessed October, 2012
- fairbanksalaska.us, Council members, accessed October, 2012
- fairbanksalaska.us, Department heads, accessed October, 2012
- fairbanksalaska.us, Licenses and permits, accessed October, 2012
- fairbanksalaska.us, Building codes, accessed October, 2012
- fairbanksalaska.us, Annual financial reports, accessed October, 2012
- fairbanksalaska.us, Invitations to bid, accessed October, 2012
- fairbanksalaska.us, City clerk's office, accessed October, 2012
- fairbanksalaska.us, Annual Budget City of Fairbanks for 2012, accessed October, 2012
- Stimulus Watch, Fairbanks, Alaska, accessed July 11, 2013