Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 188|
|Bachelor's||University of Pennsylvania|
Muhammad is currently the associate director of the Greenfield Intercultural Center at the University of Pennsylvania. She is also a professional performance vocalist. Muhammad has worked in a teaching capacity at several institutions, including Ase Saturday Academy, Lea Elementary School, and Peace of Music, LLC. She has also served as an anti-bullying facilitator with the anti-defamation league and as founding manager of Welcoming Center West.
PoliticsPA has named the District 188 Democratic primary one of Pennsylvania's top ten most interesting legislative primaries in 2012.
Muhammad's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"As state representative, Fatimah will focus efforts to modernize how state funds are disbursed to students, taking into consideration the reality of today’s student – someone who may be working, returning to school a few years after high school graduation, or in need of remedial or vocational coursework to put him or her on the path to success."
Job Development & Training
- Excerpt:"Fatimah firmly believes that government can guide, but the private sector must lead in this arena. As state representative, she will direct job training dollars already in the state budget toward efficient, measurable industry constructed training programs that will prepare a workforce for real world jobs and careers. Fatimah will also engage Pennsylvania’s community college system to aid in these training efforts to help develop the curricula needed to meet high-demand occupations in specialized fields, such as bioscience research."
Crime & Gun Violence
- Excerpt:"Fatimah knows if a person cannot responsibly operate a vehicle, it is not reasonable to trust that individual with a semi-automatic firearm. As state representative, she will support legislation that would prohibit any person with more than one DUI conviction from owning or possessing a firearm."
Representing the Rights of Women
- Excerpt:"Another important issue is the elimination of gender-based pricing for health insurance, which imposes a premium penalty on women when buying health insurance for themselves and their family. Fatimah also supports increasing state support for responsible family planning services as well as support for state adoptive services."
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 188 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|James Roebuck, Jr. Incumbent||55.7%||3,938|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Fatimah + Muhammad + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ Fatimah Muhammad, Campaign site, "About," accessed April 23, 2012
- ↑ Fatimah Lorén Muhammad, LinkedIn Profile, accessed April 23, 2012
- ↑ PoliticsPA, "Top 10 Most Interesting Pa. House & Senate Primaries," April 3, 2012
- ↑ electfatimah.com - Issues
- ↑ Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List In Ballot Order," March 9, 2012
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |
Right to Know Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |