Faulkner County, Arkansas
- Main article: Evaluation of Arkansas county websites
- The current budget document is available.
- Meeting dates and times are posted.
- Quorum court members are listed with contact information.
- Tax details are posted.
- Some administrative contact details are available on individual department webpages.
- Archived budget documents are not posted. The current budget document is only posted as a meeting document.
- Does not disclose if belongs to government sector lobbying associations.
- Information on how to make a public records request is not provided on the site.
- Meeting agendas and minutes are not available.
- There is no information on revenues, building permits and zoning, audits, or contracts.
The total FY 2012 budget request was $1,121,437.42.
The Quorum Court acts as the "voice of the people" in the county. It is made up of 13 members from individual districts. Members are:
The County's personnel handbook, which outlines employment policies along with some benefit details, can be found here.
See also: Arkansas state government salary
In February, 2012, the County's Finance and Administration Committee approved a 3% raise for many county employees. It also approved a 3% raise for all employees of the Faulkner County Library. The move appropriated $825,000 from the general fund into various county departments. Employees had not received raises in two years.
See also: Arkansas public pensions
See also: Arkansas government sector lobbying
The County does not provide information on government sector lobbying activities.
Transparency & public records
Public records request details are not available.
The County collected personal property and real estate taxes. The level is about 1% of the value of a home, mobile home, land, car, truck, trailer, four wheeler, boat, tractor, livestock, business building, inventory, or more. Personal Property must be assessed between January 1 and May 31 of each year. The tax is then paid the following year on or before October 15. Owners and occupants of one home or mobile home may received a $350 Homestead Credit each year.
- Official Faulkner County Website
- Faulkner County on E-Reference
- Faulkner County Courthouse
- Faulkner County on Local.Arkansas.gov
- Faulkner County Free Public Records Directory
- Meeting Info
- Quorum Court
- Quorum Court
- "Committee approves 3 percent raises for county employees," TheCabin.net, February 14, 2012