The Finance Committee is a standing committee of the Nevada State Senate.
Per Senate Rules 6 and 40, standing committees of the Nevada State Senate are appointed by the Majority Leader (with input on minority membership from the minority caucus) following the appointment of standing committees in the Nevada State Assembly at the beginning of a regular legislative session, and interim committees may be appointed by the Majority Leader when needed. In the event of incapacitation, a committee chair or member may be temporarily replaced with a member of the same party by the Majority Leader.
See rules: Senate Standing Rules
||Finance, seven members, with jurisdiction over measures primarily affecting chapters 1A,
387 and 400 of NRS, appropriations, operating and capital budgets, state and federal budget
issues and bonding, except measures affecting primarily state and local revenue, and over any
measures carrying or requiring appropriations and favorably reported by any other committee.
||The Chair of the Standing Committee on Finance may assign any portion of a proposed
executive budget to any of the other standing or select committees of the Senate for review.
Upon receiving such an assignment the standing or select committee shall complete its review
expeditiously and report its findings and any recommendations to the Standing Committee on
Finance for its independent evaluation.
||The several committees shall acquaint themselves with the interests of the State specially
represented by the committee and shall present such bills and reports as in their judgment will
advance the interests and promote the welfare of the people of the State.
2015 legislative session
The following table describes committee membership at the beginning of the 2015 legislative session.
- ↑ Nevada Legislature, "Senate Standing Rules," accessed February 5, 2014 Rules 6(4)(c), 40
- ↑ Nevada Legislature, "2013 Legislative Manual," accessed February 4, 2014 pp. 148, 153
- ↑ Nevada Legislature, "Senate Standing Rules," accessed February 5, 2014 Rule 41
- ↑ Nevada Legislature, "Senate Standing Rules," accessed February 4, 2014 Rule 40(1)(c)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- ↑ Nevada Legislature, "Senate Standing Rules," accessed February 4, 2014 Rule 40(2)
- ↑ Nevada Legislature, "Senate Standing Rules," accessed February 4, 2014 Rule 43