The Finance Committee
is a standing committee
of the Ohio State Senate
Per the Senate Rules, committees of the Ohio State Senate are appointed by the President of the Senate. The rules do not give a specific date to which committees are assigned but committee appointments occur after the organization of the Senate. The President shall appoint a chair and vice-chair of each standing committee as well as a ranking minority member. The Minority Leader can recommend minority membership and a ranking minority member for each committee. The President can be substituted as a voting member on any standing committee. The Minority Leader shall be an ex-officio nonvoting member of each committee, and at the Minority Leader's request, the President can substitute for the Minority Leader as a voting member on any committee.
A majority of members in a committee is considered quorum.
See rules: Rules of the Senate
||The Senate Finance Committee oversees legislation impacting the expenditure of state funds. The Committee is responsible for balancing the state's operating and capital budgets.
2015 legislative session
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ohio General Assembly, "Rules of the Senate," accessed January 29, 2014(Rule 19)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Ohio General Assembly, "Rules of the Senate," accessed January 29, 2014(Rule 20)
- ↑ Ohio General Assembly, "Rules of the Senate," accessed January 29, 2014(Rule 23)
- ↑ Ohio State Senate, "About the Committee," accessed January 29, 2014
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.