Florida's 14th congressional district
It previously included Hillsborough county and a small portion of Pinellas county.
The current representative of the 14th congressional district is Kathy Castor (D).
|U.S. House, Florida, District 14 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Evelio Otero Jr.||29.8%||83,480|
|Source: Florida Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
- See also: Redistricting in Florida
In 2011, the Florida State Legislature re-drew the Congressional districts based on updated population information from the 2010 census. On March 30, 2012 the National Journal released a list of the top ten most contorted congressional districts, as a result of redistricting.  The 14th district was included in the list.
Prior to redistricting the 14th district was located in the Gulf Coast region in southwestern Florida and included all of Lee County and portions of Charlotte and Collier counties. Fort Myers, Naples, Cape Coral and part of Port Charlotte were also located in the district.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Florida 2012 Redistricting Map "Map" Accessed July 5, 2012
- ↑ Politico "2012 Election Map, Florida"
- ↑ U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 National Journal "Modern Gerrymanders: 10 Most Contorted Congressional Districts—MAPS" Accessed March 31, 2012