Florida "Save Our Schools" Amendment (2012)
|Not on Ballot|
| This measure did not or |
will not appear on a ballot
The Save Our Schools did not make the November 6, 2012 ballot in the state of Florida as an initiated constitutional amendment. If enacted, this measure would have required that the Governor appoint an official to oversee the Florida Lottery’s Educational Enhancement Trust Fund and then further ensure that this same money is not then removed from the budget by the State of Florida. The amendment was introduced by Citizens for Smarter Government on May 14, 2009.
Path to the ballot
- See also: Florida signature requirements
In order to qualify for the 2012 ballot supporters are required to collect a minimum of 676,811 valid signatures by the February 1, 2012 petition drive deadline. The petition was not submitted to the Florida Secretary of State by the deadline.
- 2012 ballot measures
- Laws governing the initiative process in Florida
- Florida 2012 ballot measures
- Florida Legislature
- List of Florida ballot measures
- Florida Department of State Division of Elections, "Initiatives / Amendments / Revisions," accessed January 5, 2012
- [Contacted Florida Division of Elections, February 2, 2012]