Florida 1886 ballot measures
Florida in the general election on October 2, 1886.Two statewide ballot measures were on the ballot in
- Both measures were put on the ballot by the Constitutional Convention of 1885.
- Both measures were approved.
On the ballot
|ConConRef||Constitution of 1885||Constitutions||Adopts the Florida Constitution of 1885|
|ConConRef||Local Option Amendment||Alcohol||Allows for local prohibition on alcohol|
- "The 1885 Florida Constitutional Convention" (History Engine: Tools for Collaborative Education & Research)
- Constitution of 1885 text (Florida Constitution Revision Commission)
- Constitution of 1885 text (Printed edition from 1887 at Archive.org)
- Journal of the proceedings of the Constitutional Convention of the State of Florida (1885) (at Archive.org)
- Election Notice (in the Florida Mirror, October 16, 1886)