For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Florida Casino Gambling, Amendment 9 (1978)
|Florida Amendment 9 (1978)|
Election results via: Florida Elections Division
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
|“||Proposing an amendment to the State Constitution; authorizing state regulated, privately owned gambling casinos, but only in a restricted, designated area of eastern Dade County and southern Broward County extending approximately 16 miles north of Government Cut along the oceanfront; providing for the support of free public schools and local law enforcement in the several counties.||”|
- Text of the measure
- Election Results
- Florida Amendments of the Election of 11-7-78
- General Election Sample Ballot (in the Ocala Star-Banner, November 5, 1978 -- See One Page Right of Link)
- A political ad regarding the amendments (in the Ocala Star-Banner, November 4, 1978)
- Florida Constitution Revision Commission, "Amendments, Election of 11-7-78"
- Florida Secretary of State, Division of Elections, "Initiative Information"
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |
Florida ballot initiatives
Monorail ('00) • Workplace Smoking ('02) • Universal Pre-Kindergarten ('02) • Class Sizes ('02) • Animal Cruelty ('02) • University Governing Boards ('02) • Medical Liability ('04) • Miami-Dade Slots ('04) • Minimum Wage ('04) • High Speed Rail ('04) • Patient's Right to Know ('04) • Protection from Medical Malpractice ('04) • Tobacco Education ('06) • Marriage ('08)
Term Limits ('92) • Homestead Valuation Limits ('92) • Net Fishing ('94) • Government Revenue Limit ('94) • Casino Legalization ('94) • Tax Limitation ('96) • Everglades Sugar Fee ('96) • Everglades Water Pollution ('96) • Everglades Trust Fund ('96)