Florida Constitutional Preamble, Amendment 7 (1962)
|Florida Amendment 7 (1962)|
Election results via: Report of the Secretary of State of the State of Florida (1961-1962)
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
CONSTITUTIONAL REVISION OF
Proposing revision of the Preamble of the Constitution of the State of Florida to read as follows. "We the people of the State of Florida, being grateful to Almighty God for our Constitutional Liberty, in order to secure its benefits, form a more perfect government, insure domestic tranquility, maintain public order, and guarantee equal civil and political rights to all, do ordain and establish this Constitution."
We, the people of the State of Florida, being grateful to Almighty God for our constitutional liberty, in order to secure its benefits, form a more perfect government, insure domestic tranquility, maintain public order, and guarantee equal civil and political rights to all, do ordain and establish this constitution.
Path to the ballot
- The amendment was placed on the ballot by House Joint Resolution 1966 of 1961.
- The amendment was filed with the Secretary of State on June 15, 1961.
- Report of the Secretary of State of the State of Florida (1961-1962)
- Florida Amendments of the Election of 11-6-62
- Sample Ballot (in the Sarasota Herald-Tribune, November 5, 1962)
- Florida Constitution Revision Commission, "Amendments, Election of 11-6-62"
- Sarasota Herald-Tribune, "Sample Ballot," November 5, 1962
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |