For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Florida Disability Discrimination Prohibition, Amendment 7 (1974)
The Florida Disability Discrimination Prohibition Amendment, also known as Amendment 7, was a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment on the November 5, 1974 ballot in Florida, where it was approved.
|Florida Amendment 7 (1974)|
Election results via: ICPSR
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
ARTICLE I, SECTION 2
DECLARATION OF RIGHTS
Section 2. Basic Rights. All natural persons are equal before the law and have inalienable rights, among which are the right to enjoy and defend life and liberty, to pursue happiness, to be rewarded for industry, and to acquire, pos sess and protect property; except that the ownership, inheritance, disposition and possession of real property by aliens ineligible for citizenship may be regulated or prohibited by law. No person shall be deprived of any right because of race, religion or physical handicap.
- Florida November 2, 1974 Amendment Proposals - Florida Constitutional Revision Commission
- Sample Ballot - Sarasota Herald-Tribune, November 4, 1974
- Sarasota Herald-Tribune, "General Election Sample Ballot," November 4, 1974
- REFERENDA AND PRIMARY ELECTION MATERIALS [Computer file]. ICPSR ed. Ann Arbor, MI: Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [producer and distributor], 1995. doi:10.3886/ICPSR00006.v1
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Florida Constitutional Revision Commission, "Amendments, Election of 11-5-74" (dead link)
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |