Florida Constitution Revision Commission Duties, Amendment 2 (1996)
The Florida Constitution Revision Commission Duties Amendment, also known as Amendment 2, was a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment in Florida which was approved on the ballot on November 5, 1996.
This amendment modified Article XI of the Florida Constitution to change the time that the Florida Constitution Revision Commission was to meet from 1998 to 1997, and to give the Commission the authority to review tax and budget matters that would otherwise only have been under the authority of the Florida Taxation and Budget Reform Commission.
|Florida Amendment 2 (1996)|
Election results via: Florida Division of Elections.
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
|“||Proposing an amendment to the State Constitution to change from 1998 to 1997 the convening of the next Constitution Revision Commission, in conformity with the schedule previously established by the Florida Supreme Court. Removing the restriction upon the commission's authority to examine matters relating to taxation or the state budgetary process that are otherwise to be reviewed by the Taxation and Budgetary Reform Commission every ten years.||”|
- 1996 ballot measures
- Florida 1996 ballot measures
- List of Florida ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state
- 1996 Florida ballot measure election results
- Details of measure from the Florida Secretary of State
- 1996 General Election Sample Ballot (from Key West)
- Florida Secretary of State, Division of Elections, "Initiative Information"
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |