Florida Executive Director of the Department of Economic Opportunity
|Florida Executive Director of the Department of Economic Opportunity|
|Office website:||Official Link|
|2013-2014 FY Budget:||$891,519,498|
|Length of term:||Serves at the pleasure of the governor|
|Authority:||Florida Statutes, 20.60|
|Selection Method:||Appointed by the governor|
|Assumed office:||January 2013|
|Other Florida Executive Offices|
|Governor•Lieutenant Governor•Secretary of State•Attorney General•Chief Financial Officer•Commissioner of Education•Agriculture Commissioner•Insurance Commissioner•Environmental Protection Secretary•Economic Opportunity Director•Public Service Commission|
Officially opening its doors on October 1, 2011, the Department combined the Agency for Workforce Innovation, the Department of Community Affairs and the Governor’s Office of Tourism, Trade and Economic Development.
The office of Executive Director of the Department of Economic Opportunity is established by state law.
Florida Statutes, 20.60
The head of the department is the executive director, who shall be appointed by the Governor, subject to confirmation by the Senate. The executive director shall serve at the pleasure of and report to the Governor.
There are no specific qualifications for the office of Florida Executive Director of the Department of Economic Opportunity.
There are no term limits associated with the office of executive director.
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches the constitutional or statutory text that details the process of filling vacancies for a state executive office. That information for the Florida Executive Director of the Department of Economic Opportunity has not yet been added. After extensive research we were unable to identify any relevant information on state official websites. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
The executive director of the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, which helps Floridians by providing opportunities through workforce, community and economic development strategies.
- Strategic Business Development
- Community Development
- Workforce Services
- Finance and Administration
- Information Technology
- See also: Florida state budget and finances
The budget for Department of Economic Opportunity in Fiscal Year 2013-2014 was $891,519,498.
See also: Compensation of state executive officers
In 2012, the executive director received a salary of $133,350.
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches state official websites for chronological lists of historical officeholders. That information for the Florida Executive Director of the Department of Economic Opportunity has not yet been added because the information was unavailable on the relevant state official websites, or we are currently in the process of formatting the list for this office. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Florida + Executive + Director + Department + Economic + Opportunity + Panuccio
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Department of Economic Opportunity
107 East Madison Street Caldwell Building Tallahassee, Florida 32399-4120
Phone: (850) 245-7105 Fax: (850) 921-3223
- Florida State Senate, "2011 Florida Statutes - 20.60 Department of Economic Opportunity; creation; powers and duties," accessed July 20, 2012
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, "Florida’s New Department of Economic Opportunity Set to Open for Business," September 30, 2011
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, "Press release: DEO Names Legislative Affairs Staff," January 8, 2013
- News Herald, "UPDATED: State's top economic official resigns amid questions," December 4, 2012
- Tampa Bay Business Journal, "Hunting Deutsch appointed to direct Florida DEO," April 13, 2012
- Florida Statutes, "20.60," accessed December 12, 2012
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, "About Us," accessed December 12, 2012
- Florida Fiscal Portal "Senate Bill 1500 - Laws of Florida Chapter 2013-040," 283-242," accessed June17, 2013
- Council of State Governments, "SELECTED STATE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICIALS: ANNUAL SALARIES," accessed November 14, 2014
- The Council of State Governments, "Book of the States 2013, Table 4.11," accessed February 2, 2014