Florida Housing Bonds, Amendment 5 (1976)
|Florida Amendment 5 (1976)|
Election results via: ICPSR
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
|“||Proposes an amendment to Article VII of the State Constitution to provide a new Section 16 which authorizes the issuance of revenue bonds to finance or refinance housing and related facilities in Florida, secured primarily by pledged re venues at least equal to the annual bond payments. Limiting the bonds which may be outstanding in one fiscal year, to $100,000,000.||”|
Section 16. Bonds for Housing and Related Community Development Facilities.
(a) When authorized by law, revenue bonds may be issued without an election to finance or refinance housing and related facilities in Florida (herein referred to as "facilities").
(b) The bonds shall be secured by a pledge of and shall be payable primarily from all or any part of revenues to be derived from the financing, operation or sale of such facilities, mortgage or loan payments, and any other revenues or assets that may be legally available for such purposes derived from sources other than ad valorem taxation, including revenues from other facilities, or any combination thereof (herein collectively referred to as "pledged revenues").
(c) No bonds shall be issued unless a state fiscal agency, created by law, has made a determination that in no state fiscal year will the debt service requirements of the bonds proposed to be issued and all other bonds secured by the same pledged revenues exceed the pledged revenues available for payment of such debt service requirements, as defined by law.
(d) The total bonds outstanding shall not exceed $100,000,000 in any one fiscal year.
- Florida November 2, 1976 Amendment Proposals - Florida Constitutional Revision Commission
- Sample Ballot - Ocala Star-Banner, Oct 26, 1976
- REFERENDA AND PRIMARY ELECTION MATERIALS [Computer file]. ICPSR ed. Ann Arbor, MI: Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [producer and distributor], 1995. doi:10.3886/ICPSR00006.v1
- Florida Constitutional Revision Commission, "Amendments, Election of 11-2-76"
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |