For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Florida Local Option Amendment (1886)
The Florida Local Option Amendment, also known as Article XIX, was a constitutional convention-referred constitutional amendment which was approved on the Florida ballot on November 2, 1886.
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot according to the Ordinance 2 of the Florida Constitutional Convention of 1885:
|“||For Article XIX
- 1886 ballot measures
- Florida 1886 ballot measures
- List of Florida ballot measures
- Florida Constitution of 1885 Ratification (1886)
- Constitution of 1885 text (Florida Constitution Revision Commission)
- Constitution of 1885 text (Printed edition from 1887 at Archive.org)
- Journal of the proceedings of the Constitutional Convention of the State of Florida (1885) (at Archive.org)
- Election Notice (in the Florida Mirror, October 16, 1886)
- Florida Constitution Revision Commission, "Constitution of 1885: CONSTITUTION Adopted by the CONVENTION OF 1885"
- National Temperance Society and Publication House, "Liquor Laws of the United States: Prohibitory License, Local Option, Tax and Civil Damage Laws," 1888, p.238<
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.