Florida Local Option Amendment (1886)
The Florida Local Option Amendment, also known as Article XIX, was a constitutional convention-referred constitutional amendment which was approved on the Florida ballot on November 2, 1886.
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot according to the Ordinance 2 of the Florida Constitutional Convention of 1885:
|“||For Article XIX
- 1886 ballot measures
- Florida 1886 ballot measures
- List of Florida ballot measures
- Florida Constitution of 1885 Ratification (1886)
- Constitution of 1885 text (Florida Constitution Revision Commission)
- Constitution of 1885 text (Printed edition from 1887 at Archive.org)
- Journal of the proceedings of the Constitutional Convention of the State of Florida (1885) (at Archive.org)
- Election Notice (in the Florida Mirror, October 16, 1886)
- Florida Constitution Revision Commission, "Constitution of 1885: CONSTITUTION Adopted by the CONVENTION OF 1885"
- National Temperance Society and Publication House, "Liquor Laws of the United States: Prohibitory License, Local Option, Tax and Civil Damage Laws," 1888, p.238<
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.