For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Florida Number of County Judges, Amendment 7 (1966)
|Florida Amendment 7 (1966)|
Election results via: Florida Secretary of State
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
JUDICIAL, County Judges’ Courts. Proposing an amendment to Article V, Section 7, of the State Constitution providing that the Legislature shall provide the number of County Judges in each county and the monetary jurisdiction in cases at law in County Judge’s Court; deleting the requirement that County Judges issue all licenses.
Section 7. County Judges’ Courts.
(1) Establishment. There shall be a county judge’s court in each county.
(2) County Judges. There shall be in each county a county judge or county judges in such number as the legislature shall provide who shall be elected by the qualified electors of the county at the time and places of voting for other county officers and shall hold office for four (4) years. Compensation shall be as provided by law.
(3) Jurisdiction. The county judges’ courts shall have original jurisdiction in all cases at law in which the demand or value of property involved shall be as provided by the legislature; of proceedings relating to the forcible or unlawful detention of lands and tenements; and of such criminal cases as the legislature may prescribe. The county judges’ courts shall have jurisdiction of the settlement of the estate of decedents and minors, to order the sale of real estate of decedents and minors, to take probate of wills, to grant letters testamentary and of administration and guardianship, and to discharge the duties usually pertaining to courts of probate. The county judge shall have the power of committing magistrates.
Path to the ballot
- The amendment was placed on the ballot by Senate Joint Resolution 662 of 1965.
- The amendment was filed with the Secretary of State on June 25, 1963.
- Tabulation of Official Votes Cast in the General Election (1966)
- Florida Amendments of the Election of 11-8-66
- Sample Ballot (in the Ocala Star-Banner, November 1, 1966)
- Florida Constitution Revision Commission, "Amendments, Election of 11-8-66"
- Ocala Star-Banner, "Automatic Voting Machine Sample Ballot," November 1, 1966
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |