For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Florida Parimutuel Tax Use, Amendment 3 (1940)
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
ARTICLE IX, SECTION 15
To amend Article 9, Florida Constitution, by adding Section 15, to authorize the Legislature to allocate and distribute to the several counties of the State, in equal amounts, and at different times, any portion of or all excise taxes now levied and collected, or hereafter levied or collected, from the operation of parimutuel pools.
Section 15. The Legislature shall have the power to allocate and distribute to the several counties of the State, in equal amounts, and at such times as the Legislature shall determine, any portion of or all excise taxes now levied and collected, or hereafter levied or collected, by the State of Florida from the operation of pari-mutuel pools.
Path to the ballot
- The amendment was placed on the ballot as Committee Substitute for House Joint Resolution 45 of 1939.
- The amendment was filed in Office Secretary of State on June 12, 1939.
- Florida Amendments of the Election of 11-5-40
- Sample Ballot (in The Evening Independent, November 4, 1940)
- Florida Constitution Revision Commission, "Amendments, Election of 11-5-40"
- The Evening Independent, "Sample Ballot for Election Nov. 5," November 4, 1940
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |