Florida Permission First for Tax Increases Initiative (2008)
|Not on Ballot|
| This measure did not or |
will not appear on a ballot
The Florida chapter of "Ax the Tax" sponsored the initiative. They would have liked the following to be put into place:
- Rollback local budgets to 2000-2001 levels adjusted for inflation and population growth.
- Establish a 3% cap on all government expenditures growth.
- Establish a 3% cap on all government revenue growth.
- Voter approval of any taxes beyond these caps – our local governments can no longer be trusted with this responsibility.
- Surplus revenues should be returned to taxpayers.
- School funding would be exempt from both caps.
|state ballot measure article is a stub. You can help people learn by expanding it.|