For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Florida Prohibition, Amendment 2 (1918)
|Florida Amendment 2 (1918)|
Election results via: Report of the Secretary of State of the State of Florida (1917-1918)
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
|“||State prohibition beginning January 1, 1919.||”|
Section 1. The manufacture, sale, barter or exchange of all alcoholic or intoxicating liquors and beverages, whether spirituous, vinous or malt, are hereby forever prohibited in the State of Florida, except alcohol for medical, scientific or mechanical purposes, and wine for sacramental purposes; the sale of which alcohol and wine for the purposes aforesaid, shall be regulated by law.
Section 2. The Legislature shall enact suitable laws for the enforcement of the provisions of this article.
Section 3. This article shall go into effect on the first day of January, A. D. 1919.
Path to the ballot
- The amendment was placed on the ballot by Senate Joint Resolution 4 of 1917.
- The amendment was approved for the ballot on April 18, 1917.
- Report of the Secretary of State of the State of Florida (1917-1918)
- Florida Amendments of the Election of 11-5-18
- Sample Ballot (in the New Smyrna News, November 1, 1918)
- Florida Constitution Revision Commission, "Amendments, Election of 11-5-18"
- New Smyrna News, "Official Ballot Is To Be Very Short," November 1, 1918
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |